Pages

2014/06/26

Hibiscus Lemonade


This fresh, red and tangy drink was served in the middle of sodas and juices last sunday. Believe it or not, kids asked for some more ...

I used the hibiscus I got from my swap with Cereal. I love the color that takes the water infused with hibiscus, first blue but quickly vermilion. The lemon juice strengthen the beverage's tanginess and allows me to call it lemonade ! Adjust the amount of sugar to your taste (you know I'm always at the lowest level !), refrigerate for a while and that's it ! Next time I'll try to add some mint leaves to the infusion, I want more freshness ...






Hibiscus Lemonade

makes 1,25l
- a tablespoonful of hibiscus
- 1l cold water
- 50g sugar
- 20cl lemon juice

Bring 50cl water to the boil. Pour it over the hibiscus and sugar. Cover and let infuse for 10 minutes (or more if you like !). Strain the hibiscus and pour into a serving carafe or pitcher. Add the rest of water and let cool at room temperature.

Stir in the lemon juice, taste and adjust to your taste : more sugar, lemon juice or water. Refrigerate until chill.

The beverage can be kept up to one day in the fridge.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire