Pages

2015/04/21

Around olive oil #1 - The seaweed tartare from Sylviane


Or oyster without oyster !

I received a early Christmas gift last December : a package of 8 different olive oils. Since I'm a big fan of olive oil in my kitchen, I was like a kid ! I was lucky to taste all of these oils last November in Soissons. Even if it was around 10 am, I enjoyed eating pieces of bread dipped with varieties of olive oils ! Olive oil is magical ; it could be bitter and even sour for the stronger varieties if eaten by itself, but it also can sublimate a very simple dish.

So I decided to share my favourite olive oil recipes ; most of them are very simple and often take place on my table.

I always thought that I didn't like seaweed or strong iodized taste. That was before the seaweed tartare from Sylviane ! A very simple spread for appetizer, made in five minutes. Eaten in good company near the Bourget's lake last summer, it was just perfect …






The seaweed tartare from Sylviane

makes about 1/2 cup
- 7 Tbsp dehydrated mixed seaweed flakes
- 4-5 Tbsp olive oil (I used Negrette variety, subtle taste)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 finely diced shallot
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Let sit in the fridge at least 30 minutes, then taste and adjust the amount of salt, olive oil and lemon juice. Spread on toasted slice of bread. Enjoy in good company !






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire